Today’s post is inspired by a series by Erin over at Hellogiggles, her series of ‘5 ways something ruined my life’ literally have me in stitches on a weekly basis, mainly because I agree so whole heartedly and those little obsessions you choose not to admit she sums up shamelessly and hilariously. I urge to to go have a read.
Tonight the 2 hour series finale of One Tree Hill Will air, and my obsession of 9 years will come to a screeching (probably wailing) halt. So in light of this here are my 5 ways One Tree hill ruined my life!
1) The men...I mean forget Disney giving me unrealistic expectations of men, One Tree Hill truly take the biscuit here. Now if a guy falls short of writing not one But TWO novels about his love for me, well clearly he doesn’t really care, and valentine’s day? If there isn’t a rose filled room with ‘city and colour’ on stage ready to give me a private performance of ‘The Girl', well why bother at all? OTH appears to no only breed the most loving and sensitive to their ladies needs men (Nathan and Lucas) but also attract them (Julian and Clay). The winner for amazing men though for me has to be Nathan
Nathan Scott...quite frankly he began the series as what can only be described as an ass hat, selfish, cruel and wore baseball cap during sex...no good could from this man. Enter Haley James and *Poof* the man is transformed into a caring, loving romantic guy who will forgive you for kissing musicians; he will be a loving dad despite still being a child himself. He will be crippled (we shall forgive this long haired-pouty faze) and not only learn to walk again but play in the NBA and give up his dream for his fam! How on earth are real life men supposed to compare eh?
You know all those years where people tell you can’t change a man? All those life lessons are ruined by the men of One Tree Hill who regularly change their ways for their lady loves. I blame them for all relationships I have got into, and stuck around far too long because I thought I could be the girl to change the guy. Haley James did it, why can’t I?
2) I route for the bad guy, I may be alone in this one but I have always loved Dan Scott, even when he was shooting his own brother at point blank range (ok maybe not then but probably still then) I think he is brilliant, I find him hilarious and can’t help but love him. Plus beyond the first season unless you’re Keith, he has a tendency to save the day.
Chris Keller is another one, he is arrogant and annoying and talks in third person but what can I say ‘Natalie Likes Chris Keller’ plus the guy can sannnng!
3) I don’t understand why my life is so dull. The lives of the Ladies are utterly ridiculous, all of them. Forget the fact none of them ever struggle with jobs, in fact they start numerous successful companies on a weekly basis. Between teen pregancies, becoming rockstars, founding companies worth millions oh an liquidating them to be a 'good person', encounters with more psychopaths then Jack Nicholson, Willem Defoe and Gary Oldman have played between them, Family members incapable of love (not to mentions Haley's *Huge* family of brothers and sisters that ends up being just two sisters.) Oh and enough near death experiences to make you wonder why none of them have ended up in a padded cell. It is all a little bit insane for the girlies. Haley, Brooke and Quinn really get put through it but when it comes to lives that really suck, no one beats Peyton Sawyer ...Let’s recap
Peyton Sawyer, adopted, loses mother one in tragic car accident, boyfriend in complete jackass to her but lovely to new lady so falls for his brother, has best friend date boy she loves (more than once) cue numerous heart breaking moments of longing and lady fights, almost loses dad at sea, dates a 17 year old with a baby, he leaves, finds real mum-real mum dies, finds the body, finds long lost brother, long lost brother turns out to be crazy stalker, almost gets killed by said brother, saved by real long lost brother who is in the Marines so never sticks around for long, gets shot, Finally Gets the guy, turns down his proposal, goes to get him back but he is taken, ruins his wedding, gets told love of her life hates her, starts record label, finds real dad but he prefers booze, FINALLY gets the guy again, gets preggers, may die from being pregnant, gives birth, ends up in coma, wakes up...leaves town! Oh yeah and she dated Pete Wentz for a while.
Is it any wonder I feel like my life is boring and unaccomplished? I don’t exactly crave drama but Come On!?! I like to pretend I am dark and twisty like Peyton, with my sketch book and Emo love of lyrics but really I am fairly drama free and oddly it bugs me! Oh and there is also my little problem where I have a tendency to consider these people almost friends...but seriously we would totally be besties. Sophia Bush tweeted me once, so it must be true.
4) It turns me into an emotional wreck- when it comes to real life I don’t really cry easily, however when it comes to TV shows I am a mess. I have even cried at an episode of ‘The Fresh Prince’ once (in my defence it was really sad) but there are two shows that take it to a new level (the other being Grey’s Anatomy, a fellow life ruiner) They make me bawl like a baby sometimes more so than traumatic events in life have done, this bothers me and probably offends the people in my life that I am more affected by the lives of fictional characters (Curse you Mark Schwahn) but it's not uncommon to find me after watching the latest episode wailing into my pillow making noises not that dissimilar to the noises you hear when two foxes get in a fight.
5) Just when I have accepted the fact this show is an important part of my life (and not just on a favourite TV show level-my love goes far deeper than that) through 9 seasons of ups and downs, twists and turns they end it...not cool! Not cool at ALL!
There you have it, RIP One Tree Hill it's been emotional