However I have to admit, even with the appearance of flying ants and the daily dehydration I am fundamentally un-British and really find it hard to complain when the sun is shining, maybe it is in my blood to prefer the sun over the usual gloom that we experience 350 days of the year here in the UK...or maybe I am just high on Vitamin D, but give me a sunny day, any day...after 8 weeks of rain I can only see the good in this current heatwave (even if I am stuck indoors for 12 hours a day)....and what is better then the sun...A LIST about the sun! I do love me a good list!
10 reasons I love the Sun
1) There really is no greater feeling than that of the sun shining on your back
2) Knowing that all week Starbucks are offering half price Frappuccino from 3-5pm, I will be spending a lot of time at the stand outside my work
3) Getting to wear pretty dresses and not having to wear tights...the bain of my life
4) People start to smell of suntan lotion...which never fails to remind you of previous wonderful holidays and you are filled with happy nostalgic memories.
5) Is there anywhere prettier than London in the sun? I mean you could be almost anywhere in the world and it is 10x nicer in the sun, but London really is beautiful!
6) Long walks (and therefore exercise) become something I want to do, as apposed to something I avoid like the plague.
7) Drinking a cocktail or chilled cider at 12 in the afternoon is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, and no-one looks at you like a blossoming alcoholic.
8) Spontaneous BBQs
9) This may just be my work, but summer hours start (aka finishing at 3 on Thursdays or Fridays)
10) I am of mixed origin, I have dark features and people assume I am pretty tanned on a day to day basis, but after 5 years of very little sun and no holidays I am verging on translucent and it is not a good look...BRING ON THE TAN LINES!
If you are capable of feeling glum when it is this lovely outside I suggest you spend 5 minutes in the sun (covered in a suitable SPF of course), grab a twister lolly, crack on either this song or this one and let "science" do the rest.